AS102 Ask Sister – Would you have become a nun in the old days? Hopeful husband-to-be wonders if convent trumps marriage, online vocational resources, and more!
AS102 Ask Sister podcast recorded live on February 16, 2012. Sponsored by aNunsLife.org ministry. Topics include: becoming a nun in the old days, hopeful husband-to-be wonders if convent trumps marriage, online vocation help, professional nuns, and more!
- What do today’s teenagers think about nuns?
- I have known a dear friend for over two years. One day I wish to be her husband. However she is seeking a life as a nun. Should I keep my feelings to myself in fear I may be in her way to a life as a sister, or should I confess my feelings?
- I have seen a few convents that have weekend retreats where women can go to experience what it is like. Is there any website where I can get a list of all convents that have these events? Be sure to check out Vision Vocation Network! Congregation of the Sisters of Saint Joseph of Peace, Poor Clares of New Jersey, Redemptoristine Nuns More info on scoping out nuns at aNunsLife.org/comeandsee – links to resources to help discern how to become a sister or nun.
- What to do if you don’t get a good vibe from a religious community? Does that mean you don’t have a vocation?
- Can you be a speech language pathologist and a nun too?
- Knowing what you know now about past nun life, as opposed to modern day nun life, would you have joined then, or not?