AS167 Ask Sister - Motherhouse Road Trip with the Sisters of Saint Francis, Sylvania, Ohio
AS167 Ask Sister podcast recorded live on February 20, 2015. Sponsored by aNunsLife.org Ministry. Motherhouse Road Trip with the Sisters of Saint Francis of Sylvania, Ohio.
- Sylvania Franciscans: holy ... and quiet? (NOT!)
- Ordinary people, living ordinary lives of service
- "Open doors that allowed me to grow"
- "Evangelical life": to be with Saint Francis of Assisi in the dirt of life with the people, not in a bird bath
- The Motherhouse: not a museum but a living place of peace, joy and life
- Seeing beauty in ourselves and others
- From teacher and principal to attorney
- Do all Franciscans wear sandals?
- The Rule of Saint Francis and what it means to be itinerant servants
- Sylvania Franciscans' chapel, a visual feast with 10,000 ceiling tiles painted by the sisters
- Job of a liturgist: you pray into it
- Visit the website of the Sisters of Saint Francis of Sylvania
About our Guest
Sister Sharon Derivan, OSF/S, currently lives in Cleveland, Ohio while serving on her Congregation’s Leadership Team as a part-time Councilor. She also is in full-time ministry as a staff attorney/law clerk to a federal trial court judge.
Sister Ann Carmen Barone, OSF/S, is Vice President for Mission and Ministry at Lourdes University and Director of Liturgy for the Sisters of St. Francis, Sylvania, Ohio.