IGF037 In Good Faith with Sister Maureen Fiedler, SL
IGF037 In Good Faith with our guest Sr. Maureen Fiedler, host of the public radio show Interfaith Voices. Recorded live on October 30, 2015. Produced by aNunsLife.org Ministry. Topics include: Interfaith Voices public radio show, diverse images of God, dialog and disagreement, and more.
- Rural Pennsylvania and Christian talk radio: origins of the Interfaith Voices public radio show
- The value of understanding faith traditions beyond our own
- Hosting a radio show: "Half of radio is listening--only some of it is talking"
- Behind the scenes at Interfaith Voices
- Interfaith dialog on Pope Francis' encyclical Laudato si (Care for our common home)
- God and Government series: "14 nations around the world, meeting people whose lives have been shaped by the ways their countries balance religion and state"
- Diverse images of God
- Nostra aetate (Pope Paul VI, 1965), a turning point in Catholic-Jewish relations
- Learning to dialog and disagree within the context of the Sisters of Loretto community
- How Sister Maureen's encounters with diverse faith traditions has affected her own journey of faith
- Sister Maureen's social justice ministries
- Inspiration for joining religious life
About our Guest
Sister Maureen Fiedler, SL, is the host of Interfaith Voices, a public radio show heard on 86 radio stations in North America. She has been involved in interfaith activities for more than three decades as an active participant in coalitions working for social justice, racial and gender equality, and peace. Her special interests lie at the intersection of theology and public policy. She is a Sister of Loretto, and holds a Ph.D. in Government from Georgetown University.