Welcome to the Newsroom! Read articles and listen to interviews by and about A Nun's Life Ministry by using the links below. You can also subscribe to our eNewsletter for the latest info, pics, and videos! For media inquiries, contact us at email@example.com.
Now in the News
Toledo, Ohio, December 5, 2016 - A Nun's Life has released a newly designed website as the capstone to the celebration of its 10th anniversary year. Continue reading...
Toledo, Ohio, November 1, 2016 - The A Nun's Life annual Fall Fundraiser is underway! Join the fun! Continue reading...
Toledo, Ohio, October 10, 2016 - A Nun's Life, a pioneer in innovative uses of internet technologies for ministry, takes to the road on Saturday, October 15, for its biggest journey yet as part of its 10th anniversary celebration. Continue reading...
A Nun’s Life has been featured in the Associated Press, National Public Radio, TIME, New York Times, Chicago Tribune, Global Sisters Report, VISION Vocation Guide, Catholic News Service and many more. Click the links below to see what people are saying about the ministry!
- "Whittemore native pioneers internet ministry," by Joanne Fox, The Catholic Globe, Diocese of Sioux City, Iowa (October 20, 2016).
- "Sisters take to the airwaves: A Nun's Life Ministry visits Dubuque for a live podcast," by Rhonda Miska, for Telegraph Herald Online (March 12, 2016)
- "Bucking a Trend, Some Millennials Are Seeking a Nun's Life," by Penelope Green for The New York Times (September 5, 2015)
- "The Medium is the Message" From ABC radio in Australia, Rachael Kohn, host of The Spirit of Things podcast, interviews Beth Doherty, author of the book Tweet Others as You Wish to be Tweeted where A Nun's Life is mentioned as an example of how to create a pastoral presence online (August 23, 2015)
- "The Future of Catholic Sisters" The GHR foundation interviews Sister Maxine about the future of religious life (May 14, 2015)
- "Internet is mission territory for founders of A Nun's Life Ministry," by Laurie Stevens Bertke for Catholic Chronicle, Diocese of Toledo (April 3, 2015)
- Morning Air on Relevant Radio -- John Harper interviews Sister Maxine about the Year of Consecrated Life (March 20, 2015)
- "Sisters offer pastoral presence through social media," by Kris Berggren for Global Sisters Report (February 26, 2015)
- "Online door never closes on discerners," by Heidi Schlumpf for VISION Vocation Guide (2015)
2014 and earlier
Articles by A Nun's Life
Over the last ten years A Nun’s Life has written a number of articles for various publications (both in print and online) including Global Sisters Report, HORIZON, Vocations and Prayer Magazine, and many more.
- "Finding constancy when change happens in an instant," by Sister Maxine Kollasch, IHM, for Global Sisters Report (September 5, 2016)
- "Young people flock to the convent in search of Pokémon," by Sister Julie Vieira, IHM, for Global Sisters Report (July 21, 2016)
- "Making a prayer space--online," by Sister Maxine Kollasch, IHM, for Global Sisters Report (June 27, 2016)
- "If you're not in person, you're not real," by Sister Julie Vieira, IHM, for Global Sisters Report (June 1, 2016)
- "Running the good race together," by Sister Maxine Kollasch, IHM, for Global Sisters Report (May 2, 2016)
- "Holy Week: The art of remembering," by Sister Julie Vieira, IHM, for Global Sisters Report (March 21, 2016)
- "Drawing life-giving water from the well of the Internet," by Sister Maxine Kollasch, IHM, for Global Sisters Report (February 29, 2016)
- "Using technology to find your way home," by Sister Julie Vieira, IHM, for Global Sisters Report (January 26, 2016)
2015 and earlier
Sister Julie Vieira is a member of the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary in Monroe, Michigan. She has a master’s degree in theology and in-depth experience in online community engagement, Internet technologies, and Catholic publishing.
Sister Maxine Kollasch is a member of the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary in Monroe, Michigan. She has master's degrees in theology and in advertising and extensive experience in corporate communications.
One of the best parts of being an online ministry is the ability to be anywhere, anytime! We invite you to check out our On Air Schedule and join us online from wherever you are!