Theologian and priest Reverend Richard McBrien provides an excellent summary of the five-part essay written by by Sister Sandra Schneiders, IHM, on religious life. Sister Sandra’s essay was published in National Catholic Reporter from January 4-8, 2010.
- Part One: Religious Life as Prophetic Life Form, January 4, 2010
- Part Two: Call, Response and Task of Prophetic Action, January 5, 2010
- Part Three: What Jesus taught us about his prophetic ministry, January 6, 2010
- Part Four: Tasks of those who choose the prophetic life style, January 7, 2010
- Part Five: Religious life: sharing Jesus’ passion, resurrection, January 8, 2010
McBrien published his summary of the main points of the essay on his blog Essays in Theology (NCR).
- Sandra Schneiders on religious life – I, March 16, 2010
- Sandra Schneiders on religious life – II, March 22, 2010
I encourage you to read both Sister Sandra’s essay and McBrien’s summary, the latter of which serves as a good guide for reading the essay.