AS109 Ask Sister podcast recorded live on May 2, 2012. Sponsored by aNunsLife.org ministry. Topics include: disappearing prayer, Rules that nuns follow, charisms and Constitutions, mom encounters mum nuns, religious role models in schools.
- Where did the prayer at the beginning of the podcast go?
- I hear people in religious congregations speak of a “Rule,” a Constitution, and a charism. Can you explain what is meant by these terms?
- A reading from the 1920 IHM Constitutions and the current Constitutions.
- Ways to understand the vow of obedience.
- Do you ever speak of a particular sister being an example of a “living rule”? If so, what would be her defining characteristics?
- A mom wonders if she overlooked her calling to religious life when younger. Would her choice have been different if her nun-teachers had talked with her about their lives?
- If more sisters were teaching in schools, wouldn’t that help get the word out about religious life and increase the number of vocations?