AS109 Ask Sister – disappearing prayer, Rules that nuns follow, charisms and Constitutions, mom encounters mum nuns, religious role models in schools
AS109 Ask Sister podcast recorded live on May 2, 2012. Sponsored by aNunsLife.org ministry. Topics include: disappearing prayer, Rules that nuns follow, charisms and Constitutions, mom encounters mum nuns, religious role models in schools.
- Where did the prayer at the beginning of the podcast go?
- I hear people in religious congregations speak of a “Rule,” a Constitution, and a charism. Can you explain what is meant by these terms?
- A reading from the 1920 IHM Constitutions and the current Constitutions.
- Ways to understand the vow of obedience.
- Do you ever speak of a particular sister being an example of a “living rule”? If so, what would be her defining characteristics?
- A mom wonders if she overlooked her calling to religious life when younger. Would her choice have been different if her nun-teachers had talked with her about their lives?
- If more sisters were teaching in schools, wouldn’t that help get the word out about religious life and increase the number of vocations?