AS117 Ask Sister – Olympic spirituality, dad dismayed by daughter’s church choice, obtaining self control, giving up stuff in religious life, chit chat in church
AS117 Ask Sister podcast recorded live on August 15, 2012. Sponsored by aNunsLife.org ministry. Topics include: Olympic spirituality, dad dismayed by daughter’s church choice, obtaining self control, giving up stuff in religious life, chit chat in church.
- Is there a spirituality of Olympic sports?
- Which sport would you do as a way to symbolize your spiritual life?
- I’m not Catholic but I feel drawn to the Catholic Church. My father isn’t very excited about me attending Mass every Sunday. Should I go against my dad or continue on my faith journey with the Catholic Church?
- How difficult was it to obtain self control, or did you already have it when you became a nun?
- How soon do you have to give away all your material possessions in the process of becoming a nun?
- I went to a different church for Mass recently. Before the Mass got started, people were talking and laughing out loud. Isn’t there some rule about being quiet in church?