AS163 Ask Sister podcast recorded live on November 12, 2014. Sponsored by aNunsLife.org ministry. Motherhouse Road Trip with the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth, KY. Topics include: Catholic-Methodist path to SCNs, charity, humans as pray-ers, and more!
- Discernment takes a detour to religious life
- Inspiration from Methodist missionaries
- Responding to the needs of the day and also working for systemic change
- Charity as an invitation of love
- Ministry with the Court-Appointed Special Advocates for abused and neglected children
- Ministry of leadership for the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth
- Breaking the cycle of poverty and violence locally and internationally
- The wider SCN family in service to the mission
- A listener wonders if being mistaken for a sister is a sign she should be one.
- A listener asks how the human could be described as a “pray-er.”
Sister Brenda Gonzales, SCN, is Vice President of the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth, Kentucky.
Sister Marie Flowers, SCN, is a social worker with the Court-Appointed Special Advocates in the Family Court system in Louisville, Kentucky, working on behalf of abused and neglected children.