AS170 Ask Sister - Motherhouse Road Trip with the Society of the Holy Child Jesus, Rosemont, Pennsylvania
AS170 Ask Sister podcast recorded live on April 24, 2015. Sponsored by aNunsLife.org ministry. Motherhouse Road Trip with the Society of the Holy Child Jesus-American Province, Rosemont, Pennsylvania.
- Cornelia Connelly: 19th century foundress, wife, mother, and teacher
- Nun in sneakers inspires vocation to religious life
- Bumps...and mumps...on the journey to religious life
- How the sisters' ministries embody the congregation's motto, "Action not words"
- Answering the call via Catholic television at Wordnet.tv
- The prayerful experience of open-water swimming
- Society of the Holy Child Jesus' founding spirituality rooted in that of Ignatius of Loyola
- Community life in an international congregation
- Growing in relationship with God through the practice of "faith sharing"
- Listener questions: what to do about God's calling when faith moves you forward but fear drags you back
- Listener question: a manager asks how to motivate people using compassion instead of fear--and still get the job done
- Visit the Society of the Holy Child Jesus- American Province on the web at shcj.org/american
About our Guest
Anita Quigley, SHCJ, serves as the Vocation Director for the Society's American Province and supports the Communications Office with its social media efforts. She enjoys working with young adults and has a passion for open water swimming. She holds a Counseling Degree, which she has used in a variety of settings.
Patricia Phillips, SHCJ, is the Executive Director of Wordnet Productions, a Catholic television studio. She has helped to produce three vocation videos at Wordnet (wordnet.tv) and has organized contemporary Bible contests for high schools students funded by grants. She is an avid movie buff.