IGF001 In Good Faith with Sister Sandra Schneiders
IGF001 In Good Faith with guest Sister Sandra Schneiders recorded live on September 2, 2010. Produced by aNunsLife.org ministry. Our hosts talk with Sister Sandra about vocation, discernment, the Gospel of John, biblical spirituality, and religious life.
- On being a self-described “God junkie”
- Take time to discern but not too long lest you fall into “analysis paralysis.”
- On whether and how we can know for sure that God is calling us.
- Favorite passage in the Gospel of John.
- How biblical spirituality can help us in today’s quest to find and to live God’s calling in our life.
- The bible as one story and many stories, like our own lives.
- Ecumenical and interfaith dialogue.
- Young women discerning religious life.
- On having one’s affective needs met in religious life.
- Living community v. living in community.
- Staying in the Fire: A Sisterhood Responds to Vatican II by Phyllis Kittel.
- The Apostolic Visitation and women religious.
- On experiencing loneliness in one’s life.
- Does God make bad things happen to us?
- The most rewarding aspect of living as a religious
About our Guest
Sister Sandra Schneiders, IHM, is a leading authority on Catholic women’s religious life and a renowned author. She is professor emerita of New Testament Studies and Christian Spirituality at the Jesuit School of Theology of Santa Clara University in Berkeley. She is the author of a number of books on scripture and religious life. Among them are Written That You May Believe: Encountering Jesus in the 4th Gospel and The Revelatory Text: Interpreting the New Testament As Sacred Scripture. She is also completing a three-volume series on religious life: the first is Finding the Treasure and the second Selling All are already published and the third book is on the way.