IGF004 In Good Faith with Father James Martin, SJ
IGF004 In Good Faith with Father James Martin, SJ, recorded live on December 2, 2010. Produced by aNunsLife.org ministry. Our hosts talk with Father Jim about his vocation and life of prayer, faith in real life, Ignatian spirituality, the Examen and more.
- Father Jim’s calling to become a Jesuit priest
- Vocation to be a writer.
- Signs we know we are where God wants us to be.
- What is spirituality?
- Ignatian spirituality as distinct from other spiritualities.
- Finding God in all things.
- Being a contemplative in action.
- Freedom and detachment.
- Using the imagination to pray.
- Saint Ignatius of Loyola.
- The Jesuit Guide to (Almost) Everything.
- Father Jim’s “spiritual tool chest.”
- The saints and their role in our lives.
- Living simply.
- Incorporating prayer and faith in a life already packed with activity and commitments.
About our Guest
Father James Martin, SJ, is author and culture editor of America magazine and author of the new book The Jesuit Guide to (Almost) Everything. He writes for a number of publications and is a regular commentator on religion and spirituality for major media networks.