IGF014 In Good Faith with Meredith Gould
IGF014 In Good Faith with Meredith Gould, recorded live on February 8, 2012. Produced by aNunsLife.org Ministry. Topics include: real-life ups and downs in ministry, the domestic church, social media in parishes, insights from Judaism, religious kitsch.
- How Meredith’s faith journey led to full-time ministry using social media.
- The practical challenges of responding to the call to service–and making a living in the process.
- Home-based rituals that extend practices of the faith into the “domestic church.”
- The foundational role of Ignatian spirituality.
- How Judaism informs Meredith’s understanding of Catholic Christianity.
- Religious kitsch as an expression of spiritual passion.
- Encouraging the use of social media in the parish–risks, successes, and new insights.
- The power of social media for evangelization.
- Advice for others who seek to use social media for ministry.
About our Guest
Meredith Gould the author of eight books, including The Catholic Home: Celebrations and Traditions (Doubleday) and Why Is There a Menorah on the Altar? (Morehouse) and most recently, Getting #Married, Using Social Media to Celebrate the Sacred. She’s founding moderator of the weekly Twitter-based chat about church social media (#chsocm) and blogs about culture and faith at More Meredith Gould.