Sisters of Saint Mary of Oregon
Click to see Show Notes
- Friday, Oct. 19: Departure to the airport at 5:00 a.m. Good thing we're morning people! We will miss the Sisters of St. Mary of Oregon and are grateful for the opportunity to get to know them!
- Thurs., Oct. 18: Went to the mountains! Visited CYO/Camp Howard, where Sister Krista is Executive Director. A truly beautiful place--and a really big camp. Sister Michael Francine took us on a tour by golf cart, expertly navigating the woodland trails. #nobears
- Weds., Oct. 17: Had a great podcast today with Sister Adele Marie and Sister Krista! We were joined by lots of students and their teachers from Valley Catholic School and by folks from around the world in the chatroom. It was awesome to be with them! Headed for evening prayer with the sisters soon, then for a Feast Day dinner.
- Tues.,Oct. 16: Our flight to Portland left REALLY early, and we arrived to a beautiful sunshiny day. Had a wonderful lunch with a new friend, Anne, and met several of the sisters.
- Tuesday, Oct. 9: Our road trip to Oregon is just a few days away! During the podcast, we'll be joined by high school students who'll ask questions from the audience. It will be fun! High schoolers ask great questions!
Podcast Guest Nuns
L: Sister Krista von Borstel grew up on a farm in north central Oregon. She ministers as Executive Director of CYO/Camp Howard, with oversight of the sports programs for the Catholic elementary and middle schools in greater Portland area. She previously served as a Catholic high school teacher, vice principal, and athletic director. Sister Krista has been a Sister of Saint Mary of Oregon for over 35 years. She enjoys golf, bocce, and trapshooting. She has a Master's degree in Public Administration.
R: Sister Adele Marie Altenhofen was born and raised in the Portland area. She ministers as President of the SSMO Ministries Corporation. She previously served in congregational leadership, as Motherhouse Administrator, and as an educator and school administrator. She has been a Sister of Saint Mary of Oregon for over 35 years. Sister Adele enjoys sports, guitar, and china painting. In 2018, she was selected as an honoree in the Portland Business Journal Women of Influence Awards. She has Master's degrees in Teaching and in Educational Administration.
About the Congregation
Mission: We, the Sisters of St. Mary of Oregon, share in the mission of Jesus by proclaiming the Good News of God's love.