Ask Sister Podcast is a production of A Nun’s Life Ministry. Episode 009 was aired January 8, 2010. During the show we responded to questions about deciding to become a nun, being physically disabled, visiting friends and relatives as a nun, relocation, and religious department.
- Is being a nun the hardest part decision you ever made in your entire life?
- What’s the different between a nun and a normal girl? What’s the benefit of being a nun?
- Do you know any physically handicapped sisters or nuns?
- Do religious communities allow physically disabled women as sisters?
- Does living as a sister prevent me from seeing my friends, relatives, or parents?
- Are Catholic nuns or sisters required relocate to different parts of the country if the order asks them to?
- What is religious deportment? how essential is it for religious to conform to it?
Sister Margaret Chapman, IHM, is the President of Compassionate Companions, a ministry in which sisters and other advocates serve as guardians for adults whose physical or mental condition affects their ability to speak or act independently.