Listen to AS011 Ask Sister podcast recorded live on January 22, 2010. Sponsored by aNunsLife.org ministry with guest iconographer Sister Nancy Lee Smith, IHM. Topics include non-Catholics becoming nuns, realizing you may have a calling, and relationships.
- How important is having past relationships to discerning a call to religious life?
- How did you feel when you first started to have thoughts about becoming a nun? How did you react?
- What if you long to find love still, but still think that religious life an option?
- Is it possible to become a nun if I haven’t been Catholic my whole life?
- Are there specific rules for writing icons?
- What is it like to be an iconographer’s apprentice?