AS032 Ask Sister podcast recorded live on July 2, 2010. Sponsored by aNunsLife.org ministry. Guests: Immaculata IHM Sisters. Topics include: considering religious life, telling parents, other kinds of nuns, having a dowry, vocation story of Sister Julie, a phone conversation with Chloe the Convent Cat about her vocation and her friend Mickey Mouse.
- What advice do you have for a 15-year-old feeling called to religious life?
- My mom wants me to become a mother not a nun. What should I do?
- Are there nuns in Christian traditions other than Catholicism? What are they like and how would I find one?
- In “The Nun’s Story,” Audrey Hepburn’s character was required to bring a dowry when she entered the convent. Is that common today?
- What is Sister Julie’s vocation story? How did she discern her calling to become an IHM sister?