AS033 Ask Sister podcast recorded live on July 9, 2010. Sponsored by aNunsLife.org ministry. Topics include: choosing from many religious orders, nuns and orphanages, vows essential to religious life?, a novelist’s nun character, age to enter, and more!
- With so many religious orders to choose from, how do I begin to make sense of them?
- Is it possible to become a nun and to own an orphanage?
- Is it true that not all religious orders profess the vows of poverty, celibacy and obedience? Aren’t these evangelical counsels required for religious life?
- Is the nun in my soon-to-be published novel a plausible character?
- What is too young or too old to become a sister?
- Do I need a visa to enter a religious community in a country in which I do not have citizenship?