AS101 Ask Sister – how nuns elect their leaders, congregational leadership positions, the common good, and a myriad of images of God
AS101 Ask Sister podcast recorded live on February 9, 2012. Sponsored by aNunsLife.org ministry. Topics include: how nuns elect their community leaders, saying no to nun smear campaigns, the common good, the book of Genesis, varied images of God and more!
- The IHM sisters recently elected a new leadership team. How is this done? Do sisters run against each other? Are there term limits? Is the process similar for most orders?
- What about general chapter for contemplative monasteries or for international communities? And differences or similarities?
- A listener named Anna talks about her joys and challenges in reading the book of Genesis and encountering a myriad of images of God — are there any wrong images of God?
- What happens when one image is used as the only image of God?
- Mentioned in the broadcast: “Are Our Images of God Growing?” by Pat McCloskey, O.F.M. in Catholic Update