AS106 Ask Sister – unresponsive vocations director, disappearing nuns, body language at Mass, what nuns study in the novitiate
AS106 Ask Sister podcast recorded live on March 21, 2012. Sponsored by aNunsLife.org ministry. Topics include: unresponsive vocation directors, disappearing nuns, is religious life dying?, body language at Mass, what nuns study in the novitiate, and more!
- I’d like to be a nun who works in health care or with people with disabilities.
- Book mentioned: Adam: God’s Beloved by Henri Nouwen .
- I’ve thought about becoming a nun for a long time. But when I called the vocations director at a local convent, she never called back! What should I do?
- Links mentioned: How to Become a Nun
- It is a very rare thing to see a nun these days. There must have been something that not only drew the young girl to a convent but also kept here there pre-Vatican II. What happened?
- The nuns put to rest some incorrect information about the decline of religious life with the very good news that religious life is very much alive!
- What is the proper hand-folding protocol at Mass? Should everyone keep their hands folded whenever we’re standing at Mass?
- What do nuns study when they’re in formation?
- Find out how the nuns are taught not to smoke, drink, or curse!