AS155 Ask Sister - Motherhouse Road Trip with the Carmelite Nuns of Baltimore, Maryland
AS155 Ask Sister podcast recorded live on April 29, 2014, in Baltimore, Maryland.
Click here for more Ask Sister podcasts on the Motherhouse Road Trip series!
- Becoming a Carmelite nun
- The influence of Saint Teresa of Avila on Carmelite spirituality
- What Carmelite prayer looks like on a daily basis
- Taking the world's suffering to heart in Carmelite prayer
- "Hermits in community" -- solitude, contemplation and community life
- Prayer in the midst of suffering and God's response
- The experience of faith
- Steps in the process of discerning religious life
- Advice for those who are considering the possibility of religious life
- What it's like to be a Carmelite nun (video)
About our Guest
Sister Colette Ackerman, OCD, has been a Carmelite nun since 1964. Olivia Steback and Celia Ashton are soon-to-be novices with the Carmelite community.