AS155 Ask Sister podcast recorded live on April 29, 2014, in Baltimore, Maryland.
Click here for more Ask Sister podcasts on the Motherhouse Road Trip series!
- Becoming a Carmelite nun
- The influence of Saint Teresa of Avila on Carmelite spirituality
- What Carmelite prayer looks like on a daily basis
- Taking the world's suffering to heart in Carmelite prayer
- "Hermits in community" -- solitude, contemplation and community life
- Prayer in the midst of suffering and God's response
- The experience of faith
- Steps in the process of discerning religious life
- Advice for those who are considering the possibility of religious life
- What it's like to be a Carmelite nun (video)
Sister Colette Ackerman, OCD, has been a Carmelite nun since 1964. Olivia Steback and Celia Ashton are soon-to-be novices with the Carmelite community.