AS191 Ask Sister - Advent glowsaries light up Ohio, praying to a distant God, grinch-fearing Grandma
A new trend aglow in Ohio--the glowsary. Can prayer make God more distant vs. closer? Grandma worries that grandkids have no Christ in Christmas.
- (1:30) Joys and challenges in the transition into Gaudete Sunday.
- (4:30) What are glowsaries and why are they appearing in Ohio?
- (7:28) Reasons why Advent is a great season for giant outdoor rosaries.
- (13:50) What happens when prayer seems to create distance from God instead of closeness?
- (15:00) Saint Theresa of Avila: God’s closeness as the fruits of prayer
- (20:20) Prayer life versus life of prayer
- (24:00) Grandma resists commercialized Christmas but fears being labelled a Grinch.
- (27:30) Ideas to make Christmas gift-giving more meaningful—for givers and receivers.
- (32:00) Jesus as gift to the world; the gift of relationships.
We invite your comments about the podcast--just scroll down on this page to the comment section!