A new trend aglow in Ohio--the glowsary. Can prayer make God more distant vs. closer? Grandma worries that grandkids have no Christ in Christmas.
Update Required To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash plugin.
- (1:30) Joys and challenges in the transition into Gaudete Sunday.
- (4:30) What are glowsaries and why are they appearing in Ohio?
- (7:28) Reasons why Advent is a great season for giant outdoor rosaries.
- (13:50) What happens when prayer seems to create distance from God instead of closeness?
- (15:00) Saint Theresa of Avila: God’s closeness as the fruits of prayer
- (20:20) Prayer life versus life of prayer
- (24:00) Grandma resists commercialized Christmas but fears being labelled a Grinch.
- (27:30) Ideas to make Christmas gift-giving more meaningful—for givers and receivers.
- (32:00) Jesus as gift to the world; the gift of relationships.