IGF005 In Good Faith with Jeff Young, the Catholic Foodie
IGF005 In Good Faith with the Catholic Foodie, Jeff Young, recorded live on January 6, 2011. Produced by aNunsLife.org ministry. Our hosts talk with Jeff about recipes, essential items in the kitchen, the connection between food and the Sacred, and more.
- The nature of a “Catholic foodie.”
- Ministry through food and a podcast.
- Favorite recipes and foods.
- Food and equipment necessities in the kitchen (behold, the mortar and pestle).
- Meaning and symbols in sharing a meal.
- Connection between food and the Sacred.
- The Eucharist as meal and symbol.
- Scripture passages and food.
- The Mary and Martha story.
- Being more mindful/intentional about preparing and eating food.
- Eating healthy.
- Eating whole foods and close to the earth.
- Things to look for when reviewing a restaurant.
- A seafood gumbo recipe for listeners.
- King Cakes and Epiphany.
- The Cheese Nun.
- Dinner and decor for a visit from none other than Jesus.
About our Guest
Jeff Young is the creator of Catholic Foodie, a podcast “where food meets faith.” The Catholic Foodie show brings to the table recipes and reviews, and it highlights how food can be a sign to us of God’s love and care for each of us and our families.