IGF006 In Good Faith with Sister Laurel O’Neal, diocesan hermit
IGF006 In Good Faith with Sister Laurel O’Neal, a diocesan hermit, recorded live on February 3, 2011. Produced by aNunsLife.org ministry. Our hosts talk with Sister Laurel about about the life of a hermit, eremitical solitude, chronic illness, and more!
- What a hermit is historical origins of the eremitical life.
- Eremitical life in the Camaldolese Benedictine tradition.
- Discerning a call to eremitical life.
- Relationship of diocesan hermit to the diocese and bishop.
- Difference between eremitical life and other forms of consecrated life.
- The daily pattern of life for a hermit — the horarium.
- Lay hermits.
- The digital hermitage — a blog as a window to the world.
- Common misperceptions about the life of a hermit.
- Chronic illness and vocation.
- The unusual vividness of chronic illness.
- Solitude in the life of a hermit.
- Deepening the relationship with God through solitude.