IGF031 In Good Faith podcast with Professor Marion Moeser, OSF, recorded live on May 28, 2014. Produced by aNunsLife.org Ministry. Topics include: why scripture, math + theology, FAQs by scripture students, ancient wisdom for today's world, and more!
- Mathematics and scripture study--how they add up
- The call of the prophets for justice and the demands of Gospel living for today
- "Did this really happen?" FAQs by students about the stories in scripture
- Food, footwashing, and other ways to offer hospitality in ancient times
- The birth of Jesus: the manger as feeding trough for the flock and other symbolism
- Hospitality and giving out of one's needs, not one's excess
- Food insecurity and Pope Francis on "the globalization of indifference"
- The matriarchs in scripture and hospitality
- Hair salons, Home Depot, and other celebrations of everyday life
Sister Marion Moeser is a member of the Sisters of St. Francis in Syracuse, New York, and is Associate Professor of Sacred Scripture at Christ the King Seminary. She has a Ph.D. from the University of Notre Dame. Her overarching field of study has been in Christianity and Judaism in the Ancient World. She has taught courses on the Old and New Testaments, the Dead Sea Scrolls, and early Rabbinic Judaism texts.
In addition to teaching, she is the author of several articles and the book The Anecdote: Studies in Mark, the Classical World and the Rabbis. She has received numerous awards including a Team Teaching Fellowship from the Graduate Theological Union.